NetScaler Upgrade Results in Faster Network & Increased Security for Large CPA Firm
Multiple issues impacting end user productivity and providing a negative user experience initiated Management to seek Citrix Consulting expertise. Their resident Citrix expert left the company, and they had concerns about configuration issues, upgrading from XenApp 7.9, their disaster recovery plan, and they wanted guidance in getting their environment up to Citrix leading practices.
Issues they were experiencing include:
- Slowness experienced by users after login
- Applications do not always open, and users have to keep resetting their profiles
- Citrix does not work in dual-screen mode
- Disaster Recovery failover configuration was never completed
- Concerns over possible single points of failure
- Management wants Citrix environment upgraded to meet leading practices
The IntelliSuite Citrix Solution:
- Upgrade NetScaler firmware to NetScaler 12.0 latest build
- Allocate additional CPU and Memory for optimal NetScaler performance
- Configure NetScaler to meet best practices for secure remote access
- Update License Server to the current version
- Upgrade XenApp 7.9 site to XenApp 7.15 LTSR CU2
- Build second Delivery Controller Machine to including Citrix StoreFront 3.12.2000 and Director 7.15.2000
- Configure Director deployment to be accessible via a single URL, load-balanced by Citrix NetScaler
- Create Active Directory Group Policy Objects to streamline and optimize the virtual environment
- Configure Citrix profile management policies to best practices
- Provide Citrix environment configuration and architecture documentation, and conduct knowledge transfer sessions with client team members.
Business Results:The Benefits of the NetScaler Upgrade include:
- Users are reporting a dramatic improvement in system speed.
- Applications perform optimally, and are always available regardless of location they login from.
- Client's application and network security efficacy has dramatically increased with the deployment of the NetScaler 12.0 security solution
- Fault tolerance has been built into their environment, eliminating all single points of failure by providing seamless failover.
- IntelliSuite utilized the Citrix Consulting Methodology to bring the client's Citrix Environment up to leading practices, satisfying Management objectives.
- Windows Server 2016
- Citrix XenApp 7.15 LTSR CU2
- NetScaler Firmware 12.0
- Citrix StoreFront 3.12.2000
- Director 7.15.2000
Learn more about IntelliSuite Citrix and NetScaler Consulting Here