The Client: One of the largest Healthcare Systems in the US with over 26 Hospitals and 50,000 employees.
Client Needs: Highly Available Citrix WorkSpace Suite Design (XenApp, XenDesktop, and XenMobile)
- Client needed to create a highly available and resilient virtual desktop environment. All components of the solution must be highly available and resilient, whereby all single points of failure are eliminated.
- Client wanted a Virtual Desktop and Application Environment based on Citrix XenDesktop. The design needs to deliver to client’s user community a virtual desktop based on Windows 7. The design will support 60,000 concurrent virtual desktops but with capacity for 120,000 virtual desktops, and over 19,000 applications including multiple versions of the same application.
- Integrate the design with Citrix NetScaler Gateway for secure remote access.
- Create a design for Citrix XenMobile to handle management of mobile devices; provide secure access to corporate mail, web content, and ShareFile document libraries, integrate with client XenApp and XenDesktop environment.
- Create a production-ready Proof of Concept (POC) incorporating the IntelliSuite Design