IntelliSuite Case Story: Citrix XenDesktop Implementation
IntelliSuite IT Solutions designed and implemented a XenDesktop 5.6 / XenApp 6.5 solution to support 5,000 end users in multiple locations across the US. Tasks included planning and design for the performance requirements for memory, CPU, and storage IOPS for the virtual infrastructure.
- Created two independent XenServer 6 Virtualization Pools, each consisting of nine (9) hosts, to support the entire virtual infrastructure and workloads for this project
- Created a Provisioning Services 6.1 farm to provide single image management for Windows 7 virtual desktops, XenApp 5, and XenApp 6.5 session host servers
- Created a XenApp 6.5 farm with seventy (70) session host servers using streamed PVS vDisks
- Migrated existing XenApp 6 farm using persistent VMs to XenApp 6.5 farm using streamed PVS vDisks
- Migrated existing XenApp 5 farm (for legacy applications) from persistent VMs to streamed PVS vDisks
- Created a XenDesktop 5.6 site to broker 5,000 Windows 7 32bit and 64bit virtual desktops
- Created StoreFront 1.2 site to provide internal access to XenApp applications and Windows 7 VDIs. The StoreFront servers are load-balanced with Citrix NetScaler MPX 5650 appliances
- Created StoreFront 1.2 site to provide external access, via Citrix NetScaler and RSA SecurID, to XenApp applications and Windows 7 VDIs. The StoreFront servers are load-balanced with Citrix NetScaler MPX 5650 appliances
- Created an EdgeSight 5.3 solution to monitor the XenApp 5 and 6.5 workloads
- Created a Desktop Director 2.0 site for helpdesk teams to support end users, troubleshoot and monitor performance of the Windows 7 VDIs and the XenDesktop 5.6 controllers
- Created Active Directory Group Policy Objects to streamline and optimize the virtual environment
- Created documentation for the entire project
- Hosted training sessions to provide knowledge transfer to Client Citrix Engineers
Business Results Delivered:
- Client is able to acquire new companies and seamlessly integrate them into the business.
- The implemented solution became invaluable when client moved offices within one weekend without losing a day of business the following week.
- Significant Improvement in Data Security .
- Reduction of overall IT costs as a result of consolidation.
Microsoft Windows Server 2008, Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2, Microsoft Windows 7, Citrix XenDesktop 5.6, Citrix XenApp 5, 6.0, and 6.5, Citrix Provisioning Services 6.1 (PVS), Citrix StoreFront 1.2, Citrix Desktop Director 2.0, Citrix Netscaler MPX 5650, Citrix Profile Management 4.0, Citrix EdgeSight 5.3, and Citrix XenServer 6.0.
Learn more about IntelliSuite Citrix and NetScaler Consulting Here.